Project Animal Awareness (PAW) is a contest designed to raise awareness on important animal welfare issues. The contestants will be preparing a 90 second public service announcement (PSA) that promotes responsible pet ownership and other animal awareness topics.
- The forever commitment to being a pet owner
- The importance of spaying and neutering your pets
- Why it’s important to microchip
- Rescue animals are great pets – adopt don’t shop
Age groups (judging categories):
- 13 to 17 (age 13 & 14 must have a parent advisor on the team)
- 18 and older
- Entry form and signed release must be e-mailed to Priceless.Pets@yahoo.com, videos will not be accepted without a signed release/entry form.
- All PSA videos due on April 15, 2016
- The 2nd Annual PAW PSA Film Festival to be held on May 6th at the Chino Hills Community Center.
- All videos must be 90 seconds or shorter in length – including any credits if you choose to include them.
- All videos should focus on one of the animal welfare topics listed above.
- The use of animals is encouraged in your video, however all treatment of animals should be safe and humane.
- Teams of one or more can submit a PSA video for judging.
- We encourage the use of The Orphanage facility and the Priceless Pet Rescue animals for the filming of the video.*
- Anyone 13 or older may participate (anyone age 13-14 must have an adult advisor with them at all times). This adult should not participate in any creative aspect of the filming of the PSA.
- Only one video per team is allowed.
- All contestants and participants in the video must sign an entry form prior to filming.
- These videos will be used for animal welfare promotional purposes and no restrictions may be placed on the use of the videos.
- This is a contest and judges will vote on the winners. All videos will become the property of Priceless Pet Rescue, a 501(c)3 non-profit.
- Optional consulting appointments are available, to discuss the selected theme with a Priceless Pet Rescue director, please e-mail to schedule an appointment.
- Any music used in the video must not be copyright protected.
- If working in a team, all team members must fall into the same age category (excluding any parent advisors).
- If a team receives prize money, that team is responsible for dividing the prize money amongst the team members.
*an entry form must be completed by all filming team members and cast members prior to filming at The Orphanage facility or using a Priceless Pet Rescue animal. In addition, if filming is done at The Orphanage facility or using a Priceless Pet Rescue animal, you will have an experienced volunteer assigned to you each time you use the facility or the animals.
Judging & Prizes
- All videos will be shown at the 2nd PAW PSA Film Festival in front of an audience.
- Videos will be grouped and judged by age groups
- Videos will be judged on how well they use 90 seconds to educate the public on the theme that is used.
- Extra credit will be given to using both dogs and cats in the PSA.
- A panel of 4 independent judges will be used to score each PSA. The audience will be the 5th judge through the ballot voting.
Prizes (each age group will be awarded):
- 1st place = $500
- 2nd place = $250
- 3rd place = $100
Certificates will be awarded to all participants